Cake decorators are a wonderfully imaginative, inventive group. From thinking outside the box to getting creative at the hardware store, if you can relate to most of these then you’re definitely part of the group!
You know you’re a cake decorator when…
- Your fridge contains more butter and eggs than actual food.
- Your facebook feed is all things cake – you scroll for an hour before seeing a post from a friend.
- You dream about cake designs and keep a sketch pad next to the bed.
- You go to show a picture of your child to a friend and have to scroll past 101 cake photos first.
- You constantly smell like vanilla – it’s not perfume, it’s extract.
- Your maths is the best it’s ever been since working with ganache ratios.
- You’ve looked at someone with mild disgust when they’ve asked you “What’s for dinner?” (Can’t they see you’re busy!).
- Going to the hardware store is fun – you picked up a metal cake scraper, mini spirit level and wallpaper samples to use as cake backdrops.
- You go grocery shopping and 90% of your trolley is cake ingredients.
- Your fridge contains more butter and eggs than proper food.
If you’re sitting there nodding in agreement, then you my friend are definitely a cake decorator!!
There is so much more to cake decorating, so check out my post 10 Tips and Tricks For New Cake Decorators which covers everything from using a backdrop for your cakes to adding your watermark to cake pictures.
If you found this post fun, don’t forget to PIN it.